Graduate Orthodontics Program Admissions Requirements
How to Apply
The Department of Orthodontics participates in the American Dental Education Association's Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS), a centralized application service for more than 400 participating postdoctoral dental education programs. Applicants can complete an online application or download a copy of the application form from the PASS Web site.
- Completed application materials must be received by PASS prior to their deadline. Check their Web site for the application deadline.
- The completed PASS application and all supporting documents must be received by the graduate orthodontic program admissions committee in the August prior to the year in which you wish to enroll. ((The deadline for 2016 was August 21, 2015; check back for the 2017 deadline)
- A non-refundable fee of $40 must be submitted along with your application. Pay application fee here >>
Factors considered by the Graduate Orthodontics Program Admissions Committee include:
- Possession of the doctoral degree in dentistry;
- Excellence in predental and dental school academic achievement;
- Dental class standing;
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score;
- Dental Match Program code;
- Practice, teaching and research experience;
- Possession of advanced academic degree(s);
- TOEFL scores;
- Dental National Board Examination scores; and
- Letters of recommendation.
The school reserves the right to modify or change admission standards or requirements at any time without prior notice and effective immediately. The information provided on this site cannot be regarded as creating a binding contract between the student and the school.