Goals & Leadership
- To establish a peer mentoring system at the dental school for students to lead, design and implement outreach projects year-after-year, including community projects in the community after graduation.
- To promote lifelong professionalism and community involvement via teams of students, residents, dental school faculty, alumni and community dentists and hygienists in a wide variety of oral health community service projects.
- To provide disease prevention, oral health education, screening and preventive and dental services to underserved members of the San Francisco Bay Area and Central Valley community.
Officers and Leadership
SCOPE Officers 2012-2013
- Co-Presidents: Bartolo Espana-Austin & Vanisha Gandhi
- Vice President of Elder Projects: Laura Stewart
- Vice President of Youth Projects: Camille Pompeo
- Secretary: Kristy Rogers
- PR: Jesse Mitchem
- Director of Youth Resources: Melody Pongmanopap
- Education Coordinators: Darren Goring, Kamile Jureviciute, Casey Luu, Lily Park, Melissa Styles & Amanda Tsoi
- PHC Liaisons: Keon Ahghar & Tiffany Wu
Undergraduate Mentorship Coordinator: Shahin Taghikhan