IT offers the following advice:
- For rooms that have multiple sections, like 514 and 113, please check the labels on the Crestron control panels, wireless keyboards, presenter mice and mics, and make sure not to mix them up. For example, in 514, each of these items is labeled 514A, 514B, or 514C. Equipment from 514A won't work in 514B, etc.
- When you are finished using it, carefully place the Crestron panel back on its charger on the wall or table. Otherwise the system will not be recharged and the next presenter won't be able to use it. Each room which has a Crestron panel can only be controlled with the panel.
- To eject the Crestron control panels, go to the Home screen; an eject option will appear at the bottom, if the panel has been mounted properly on the charger.
- The room microphones are muted by default (indicated by the blue indicator on the button on the control panel). To turn the mics on, toggle the button and the indicator will change to black.
- Give time for the system to respond. It may take at least a few seconds for the system to respond to any buttons that are pushed. (In the Sim Lab, please wait three seconds between pushing any button at the teacher stations.)
- If you use the Mac mini, please restart it when you are finished. It should go to the opening splash screen that allows the next user to select Mac or Windows. The mac minis should not be shut down or logged out and left on the Windows 7 operating system.
- To remove a control panel from its charger, tap the home button on the touch screen, then the eject button that appears. When you have finished with a control panel, please return it to its charger; otherwise, the next person who uses it may find a dead control panel, and be unable to control the room.
- Cables should not be removed from any room.